HNW - Sweet bags

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Thu Oct 9 19:54:39 PDT 1997

Dear Lisa-

Yes, the sweet bags are embroidered on both sides. I've seen some at the
V&A and craned around to try and see the backs of them in the cases. A
sweet bag is something that would have been carried or set down, and people
would have seen both sides, as would happen with any sort of little bag.

I have actually seen (in a book) some beaded ones -- with little acorn
motifs. I mean, the entire bag was beaded, as if done on a beading loom.

Hope this helps!

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries,...too little time"