HNW - Re: lacis Re: HNW - lacis Re: HNW - lacisRe: HNW - lacis

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 9 22:49:57 PDT 1997

Kathryn:

I'd love to have seen the frog...he sounds delightful - oh dear, another
museum to add to the list.  I must visit the Art Institute of Chicago
someday as well.  The lace in their book "Textiles' is some of the best
photographed ever and they have a stunning cover with 24 Lacis squares
intersperced with pulled and cutwork squares and edged with bobbin lace.
All very typical motifs from early pattern books and bestiaries.  This is
an excellent book in general and I believe in print still...  Some things
of interest to SCAers are a polychrome coif and a lace collar.

> From: Mike Newell <72123.411 at compuserve.com>
> To: INTERNET:H-Needlework at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: HNW - Re: lacis  Re: HNW - lacis Re: HNW - lacisRe: HNW -
lacis
> Date: Thursday, October 09, 1997 7:54 PM
>
> Dear Linn-
>
> The Philadelphia Museum of Art displayed two of their tablecovers,
French,