HNW - Sweet bags

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Fri Oct 10 11:38:10 PDT 1997

Dear Patricia-

Sweet bags were these cute little drawstring bags Elizabethan ladies
carrieid about with them. I've seen some needlework historians claim that
sweets were carried about in them (suprise!) but I've also seen claims made
that they were used to carry trinnkets, or  sachet type mixtures or
potpourri to bring nice aromas with them. The ones with attached
pinchusions could, I guess, also carry about precious things like scissors
or silk floss.

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries... too little time"