HNW - Beaded Sweet bags and beading

Laura Barwick laurab at dynamite.com.au
Fri Oct 10 14:31:19 PDT 1997

Kathryn said:
>I have actually seen (in a book) some beaded ones -- with little acorn
>motifs. I mean, the entire bag was beaded, as if done on a beading loom.

Ohh, Ohhh, Ohhh - do you have a reference for this? Was it embroidered on
fabric or woven? It sounds wonderful!  I'm interested in *any* period
beadwork references anyone knows of.

Sine said:
>Any early Celtic/Norse beadwork on clothing research,
>and then Byzantine beadwork and beaded fringing or 700 to 1500 AD
>Russianbeadwork or beaded fringing would be greatly appreciated.  I am working
>on the beadwork and fringing anyway but it would be so lovely to be able
>to research and document what I am doing.  Thank you so much.

Have you tried any of the bead lists?  Both are run by nice hard working
folk and generate a lot of mail.  (Be nice to 'em - I take no
responsability for any problems).  There are quite a few period beadworkers
around.

BEAD LIST
To subscribe send a message to: list-request at craftwolf.com
with text: SUBSCRIBE Bead-List
no subject
to unsubscribe use text:leave Bead-List
To send mail to Bead-List, use the address <Bead-List at craftwolf.com>

BEADWORK
To subscribe send a message to: majordomo at rpmdp.com
with text: subscribe beadwork (your email address here) (no brackets)
no subject
to unsubscribe use text: unsubscribe beadwork (your email address here)
To send mail to Beadwork, use the address:   beadwork at ml.rpmdp.com

Laura B.