HNW - Re: HNW Knitted Jackets

David & Erin Moody moody at aimnet.com
Sun Oct 12 20:16:08 PDT 1997

In the meantime, I did go do some research on knitted jackets (you got me
curious). Both Arnold and Lithicum mention knitted jackets, and other
items. Arnold points out that the Lithicum references are of "Jersey" which
could be anything of worsted wool, and that the "knitworke" described in
inventories may be woven, not knitted.  However, the picture in QE's
Wardrobe does indeed appear to be knitted.