HNW - HNW--mfa jacket

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Thu Oct 16 18:00:36 PDT 1997

Dear Deborayh-

I think you are confusing the lovely metal work jacket (linen worked in
gold thread) with the knitted jackets, which are  in the reserve
collection. I don't believe the knitted jackets were ever displayed, but
the goldwork jacket was, and the .Blanch Payne costume book has a b&w photo
of it.  Oh-that silver lace edging it! Tarnished, so you knew it was real
silver metal thread.

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries..too little time"