HNW - naalbinding books

Donna Hrynkiw donna at Kwantlen.BC.CA
Tue Oct 21 16:29:49 PDT 1997

Hi there. I received this announcment (I'm not quite sure who's list I'm
on, but it's welcome) and thought there might be others on this list
interested. I've sent a note to "Susan's Fiber Shop" asking about prices
and shipping costs and will forward that information when I receive it.

Donna Hrynkiw

- -----

Just a brief announcement for those having an interest in naalbinding.
Larry Schmitt's third naalbinding workbook is now available.  It is
titled "Lessons in Naalbinding: Mittens, Mittens, Mittens!"  This
workbook is an exploration of the traditional Scandinavian naalbinding
mittens -- including -- directions for four naalbinding stitches and six
mitten patterns (each in three sizes).

This is practical manual intended for the craftperson who wants to make
real, "wearable" mittens, but attention is also given to historical
background, traditional finishing touches and adornments, as well as
directions for making nålbinding needles.  A special feature of this
workbook is a detailed and descriptive list of the more than thirty
stitches that have been found in Scandinavian naalbinding mittens, with
specific recommendations for yarn selection for each stitch.

Schmitt's "Lessons in Naalbinding: Mittens, Mittens, Mittens!" (along
with the two earlier volumes, "Scarves, Wimples and More", and "Edgings
and Embellishments") is available from Susan's Fiber Shop, N250 Hwy A,
Columbus, WI 53925 USA (telephone: 920-623-4237).  For more information
you can reach Susan McFarland by e-mail at susanfiber at internetwis.com.
Please address wholesale inquiries to schmitt at mailbag.com.

- ----

donna at kwantlen.bc.ca