HNW - Tambour help

janis jesa at direct.ca
Thu Oct 23 11:21:38 PDT 1997

Greetings All:  I have a serious request for help.  I am very interested
in Tambour embroidery. Recently, I found a lovely piece of tambour
embroidery (the kind with the tiny chain-like stitch on the front and
the
very tiny running-like stitch on the back) on an old garment in an
antique shop. I have been wishing to learn tambour embroidery for some
years but have been unable to find any of the special needles with the
tiny hook at the end.  I have the facilities to set up the tambour frame
and I have been doing embroidery for 34 years, (probably past time to
start something new!!!).  Anyway, I would like to know history of
tambour - if anyone knows where I can find the special needles - and
any good books relating to the subject.  Thank you -  Sine