HNW - Tambour help

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Thu Oct 23 17:37:48 PDT 1997

Dear Sharron-

What type of fabric did you use? I do thread crochet lace, and tried using
my size 14 steel hook. It didn't like cotton broadcloth. I assume one needs
a looser weave? The Regency dresses I've seen in museums with tambour work
are usually a light airy loosely woven muslin, so I'm curious to know if
you've had luck with firmer or tighter fabrics?

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn (who once had ambitious dreams to tambour a regency
day dress for herself....)

"too many centuries..too little time"