HNW - Tambour help

janis jesa at direct.ca
Sat Oct 25 13:28:26 PDT 1997

Jafath at aol.com wrote:

> <<
>  Greetings All:  I have a serious request for help.  I am very interested
>  in Tambour embroidery.
>  <snip>
>  Anyway, I would like to know history of
>  tambour - if anyone knows where I can find the special needles - and
>  any good books relating to the subject.  Thank you -  Sine >>
>
> Oh, such timing! The new _Piecework_ has an article on exactly this subject
> (came yesterday). Includes a source list for needles, but not books:
>
> Beggars Lace, PO box 481223, Denver, CO 80248;
> The Lacemaker, 4602 Mahoning Ave NW Ste. C, Warren, OH 44483;
> Lacis, 3163 Adeline St., Berkeley, CA 94703.
>
> Another technique I really mean to look into, some day . . .
>
> Jo Anne

> h-needlework".

To Jo Anne and anyone else reading here:  Thank you so much for the
information on Tambour.  "Piecework"  I gather is a magazine. It
does not appear to be available here in B.C. Canada. My magazine
supplier doesn't know of it anyway so could someone please send me the
address and subscription rates, so that I can order it. For the article
on Tambour - maybe the copy number so I can order a backcopy with the
correct number.  Thanks so much.    Janis    ( jesa at direct.ca)