Blackwork materials, Re: HNW - Is anyone there????

Diane Hare foxnhare at goldrush.com
Sun Apr 5 00:03:25 PST 1998

Mary Temple wrote:

> So I guess I'll pose a question...when doing Blackwork, what materials
> do people use? DMC floss, silk floss, cotton weave fabric, linen, what
> kind of needle, etc...?

I use as close as I can get to even-weave fabric, usually linen.

I use a thread about as thick as the threads of which the fabric is
woven, so it's sometimes silk sewing thread and sometimes silk
buttonhole twist.

I usually use a tapestry needle, but sometimes use a blunted regular
sewing needle, carefully smoothed.

Hibrida Longhair
Diane Hare/MS.HARE   foxnhare at goldrush.com   San Andreas, CA
snotmyfault