HNW - floss for split stitch

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Sun Apr 5 09:18:50 PDT 1998

Carmen writes

>Does anyone know where I can get unstranded silk floss for split stitch?

I happen to use Madeira floss (which is stranded) for split stitch in silk
shading and Opus Anglicanum.  The sorts of silk flosses produced earlier
don't seem to be available today.  I do have a modest number of antique
skeins in stock, but they are limited in color and rather expensive to use
any any sort of large project.  I wish someone would make the lovely, lush
buttery old soft twists these days.

Linn Skinner
Skinner Sisters