HNW - Re: New project!

Irene Davis idavis at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 5 20:40:48 PDT 1998

Greetings! I have really been enjoying all the info that is shared
regularly on this list, and I wanted to let everyone know that a small
brainstorm not only solved a problem, but improved a chemise! I have
had a 100% cotton chemise now for about a year. IT is incredibly
comfortable, but when I made it I cut the neck just a bit too big, and
then it stretched a bit. I was debating how to solve this problem -
drawstring? pleats? when the topic of smocking came along. Soooo, the
neckline is now neatly smocked in honeycomb pattern, white on white,
and it is back where I want it! The effect is really quite nice. I
hadn't smocked in about 5 years, so it is not totally perfect, but the
general effect is very nice. Thanks for a great solution!

Yours in Service,

Eirny Thorvaldsdottir