HNW - Is anyone there????

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Mon Apr 6 08:00:45 PDT 1998

Dear Kassandra-

I know what you  mean. When this list started it was wonderfully active.
Then somehow it dwindled out. I've seen more needlework talk on the
h-costume list,and felt frustrated that the such topics were not being
discussed on this List. I.e.-- a long thread on h-costume about messy
backsidesof historical needlework. We have any  number of people who have
visited museums, intern in museums,etc. and they had found a fair deal of
messiness on the backs of needlework,thereby dispelling the myth that all
historical needlework was perfect and/or amazingly neat on the wrong side..
There was also chat about dyes and weaving.

I guess it's really hard to separate garb and needlework?

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"