HNW - TI article rejected! :-(

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Mon Apr 6 08:46:44 PDT 1998

NOTA BENA: For non-SCA, TI = "Tournaments Illuminated",the journal of the
SCA

Dear List-

Just thought you'd like to know that my article on Assissi work within SCA
time period, submitted over a year ago to TI, has been rejected by the
current editor,Lord Valentine.

Would you believe it was because my article was too scholarly???? :-O  It
seems that TI is trying to become a journal that encourages how-to over
research. . A pity-- my good friend Lady Mathilde, who edited it,said it
was a good article on how to do research. Oh,well.

Once I hook up my scanner and learn to use it, I may go back to working on
a book for SCA publication on the subject -- at least a small pamphlet. I
have tonsof patterns from the earlier volume by Freida Lipperhide, but I
reallly don't want to have to rechart them as it could take a long time. .
Oh, well....

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries, too little time"