HNW - Is anyone there????

Bradshaw, Beth Beth.Bradshaw at CareAmerica.com
Mon Apr 6 11:34:00 PDT 1998

Well, I am also on h-costume, and this one is a nice change in that we
dont have the same amount of posts, that take forever to go through,
most of which get deleted and if you go on vacation and cant read your
mail, forget it, your box fills and you get dumped off. And then the
posts that went on forever about shaving legs!!!!!! Lets not go
there....
Actually, it is not hard to separate, it is just that most people are
concentrating on wearable needleart, not pillows, tapestries, and such.
Besides which, you cant really see the back of needlework on a collar or
cuffs very often, can you?
And I am being bad here <G> but I would assume that most people who
would subscribe to this list are doers, that know that what is visible
is what stitchers are concerned with, and know that not all needlework
is perfectly neat on both sides.
As to activity, it is up to us to say, here this is, and let the word
get out...
Beth
Another weekend of workshops at RPFS over and done....
 ----------
From: Mike Newell
To: INTERNET:H-Needlework at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: HNW - Is anyone there????
Date: Monday, April 06, 1998 8:00AM

Dear Kassandra-

I know what you  mean. When this list started it was wonderfully active.
Then somehow it dwindled out. I've seen more needlework talk on the
h-costume list,and felt frustrated that the such topics were not being
discussed on this List. I.e.-- a long thread on h-costume about messy
backsidesof historical needlework. We have any  number of people who
have
visited museums, intern in museums,etc. and they had found a fair deal
of
messiness on the backs of needlework,thereby dispelling the myth that
all
historical needlework was perfect and/or amazingly neat on the wrong
side..
There was also chat about dyes and weaving.

I guess it's really hard to separate garb and needlework?

 --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"