HNW - TI article rejected! :-(

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Mon Apr 6 17:06:45 PDT 1998

Dear Bunny Queen-

I think the "problem" with TI is that there hasn't been a consistency in
editors. There was one editor who would tell people their article wasn't
scholarly enough. She would then turn around and tell the next person it
was too scholarly! Go figure. She alone discouraged many people. It's been
several years and I still run into bitter submitters. The most recent
editor told me the article would appear by the endof the year (1997). When
she left it still hadn't reached print, and she thought the article was OK.
The current editor is probably under pressure to "dumb down" the articles
because these days too many members seem intimidated by research.

Hmmm, I think I may email Lord Valentine back and tell him I have a flurry
of interest here. Politely, of course (he was very diplomatic with me,
after all).  <g>

- --Kathryn
SCA:Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"