HNW - TI article rejected! :-(

Irene Davis idavis at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 6 23:09:16 PDT 1998

Greetings Kathryn!
>Would you believe it was because my article was too scholarly???? :-O
It
>seems that TI is trying to become a journal that encourages how-to
over
>research.

I find this amazingly ironic since my greatest complaint about TI has
often been its lack of scholarly accuracy! Do it yourself is fine, and
I love those kind of articles, but how can you "do it" and be
moderately accurate if you don't have the scholarly research?!?! It
reminds me of a gorgeous "viking tunic" that I saw this past weekend.
The cuffs, collar and bottom edge of the tunic were embroidered in a
lovely pattern, in a classic Viking style. The only problem was that
the tunic was made of a white fuzzy knit polyester fabric. The handwork
was gorgeous, but the fabric! Someone actually had the ----- to enter
this in an A&S competition. I couldn't believe it! Thank God it did not
win! I wish there was a scholarly journal for SCA research, where
people who want to know what was really going on could submit and
publish real research!

Yours in Service,

Eirny Thorvaldsdottir