HNW - Messy wrongsides

Jacquie Samples jacquie-samples at uiowa.edu
Tue Apr 7 10:24:32 PDT 1998

Hi Linn,
I don't have my book with me today, but I'll check when I get home.  I have
a very specific piece in mind, not a group of them.  Except for the ones
I've seen in museums over the last 10-15 years.  Unfortunately, most of the
time I was looking at embroidery pieces in museums I wasn't doing research
in this field and so made no notes.  I hate it when I do that. I have to
remember that "just looking at something pretty" without taking notes is a
bad thing to do.

I'll get back to you all tomorrow with the source, and I'll ask my friend
if she has any specific sources to add to mine.

Jacquie

At 09:13 AM 4/7/98 -0700, Linn skinner wrote:
>Hi Jacquie:
>
>What an interesting theory of yours.  I would be most appreciative of a
>reference to the textiles you were looking at.  I've never approached it
>from the end being worst sort of view.  Very possible I would say.

[snip]