HNW - Guild Newsletter

Debra Cobb dcobb at MAIL.MEYERNET.COM
Tue Apr 7 15:35:22 PDT 1998

- ------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01BD623A.C754F1A0

First, I would like to say that the historical needlework mailing list =
is wonderful!
Congratulations.  I have learned so much.

Secondly, here's the info on the SCA's West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild =
Newsletter that some of you had asked about.  (Actually, I wasn't =
advertising it...I was looking for Kathryn).

The Guild Newsletter is free to Guild members or $3.00/year for non =
members.  The 3 issues are published in March, June & October. We =
encourage both research articles and How-To articles. This newsletter =
supports SCA activities, services the SCA,  and encourages participation =
in needlework...even for those people who may not be able to attend many =
SCA events.  The guild focuses on SCA "period" needlework, including =
counted work, surface embroidery techniques, quilting, whitework, =
canvaswork, raised work, metal thread, pattern darning,  etc.  However, =
you might inquire into Arachne's Web (via SCA) for lacework, crochet, =
knitting, tatting, (anything with holes created).  To become a member of =
the guild, each member must participate in at least one guild activity =
per year...which could mean helping out with needlework displays (we do =
about 2 a year), writing an article for the newsletter, needleworking an =
item for the Queen's Treasure Chest, teaching classes at a West Kingdom =
event, making favors for the Apprenticeship Program, etc.  If you wish =
to be a non-member, please send $3.00 to West Kingdom Needleworkers =
Guild, c/o Debra Cobb, P.O. Box 22, Lockwood, CA 93932.  My phone # is =
408/385-3040.  Again, thank you for your interest and we look forward to =
hearing from you.

- ------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01BD623A.C754F1A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>First, I would like to say that the =
historical=20
needlework mailing list is wonderful!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Congratulations.&nbsp; I have =
learned so=20
much.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Secondly, here's the info on the =
SCA's West=20
Kingdom Needleworkers Guild Newsletter that some of you had asked =
about.&nbsp;=20
(Actually, I wasn't advertising it...I was looking for =
Kathryn).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>The Guild Newsletter is free to =
Guild members or=20
$3.00/year for non members.&nbsp; The 3 issues are published in March, =
June=20
&amp; October. We encourage both research articles and How-To articles. =
This=20
newsletter supports SCA activities, services the SCA,&nbsp; and =
encourages=20
participation in needlework...even for those people who may not be able =
to=20
attend many SCA events.&nbsp; The guild focuses on SCA =
&quot;period&quot;=20
needlework, including counted work, surface embroidery techniques, =
quilting,=20
whitework, canvaswork, raised work, metal thread, pattern darning,&nbsp; =

etc.&nbsp; However, you might inquire into Arachne's Web (via SCA) for =
lacework,=20
crochet, knitting, tatting, (anything with holes created).&nbsp; To =
become a=20
member of the guild, each member must participate in at least one guild =
activity=20
per year...which could mean helping out with needlework displays (we do =
about 2=20
a year), writing an article for the newsletter, needleworking an item =
for the=20
Queen's Treasure Chest, teaching classes at a West Kingdom event, making =
favors=20
for the Apprenticeship Program, etc.&nbsp; If you wish to be a =
non-member,=20
please send $3.00 to West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild, c/o Debra Cobb, =
P.O. Box=20
22, Lockwood, CA 93932.&nbsp; My phone # is 408/385-3040.&nbsp; Again, =
thank you=20
for your interest and we look forward to hearing from=20
you.</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01BD623A.C754F1A0--