HNW - knit a silk tunic? ;-)

Dick Eney dickeney at access.digex.net
Fri Apr 10 20:59:05 PDT 1998

I'm told that January 30, 1999 will be the 350th anniversary of the
execution of King Charles I of England.  Since the silk shirt/tunic
in which he was supposedly executed is one of the finer surviving
works of early 17th century knitting, and since the patterns are
available (courtesy Mary Thomas and Richard Rutt), does anybody think
it would be appropriate to knit a replica?

If we start right away, we could have a competition - Best Replica of
Charlie's Sweater...

You first.
;-)

=Tamar