HNW - knit a silk tunic? ;-)

Bradshaw, Beth Beth.Bradshaw at CareAmerica.com
Mon Apr 13 08:39:00 PDT 1998

Well, I really want to get involved with this, even though I am not a
knitter, I can always pass it on to someone I know who does knit. I did
marry a Bradshaw, after all,(check your books<G>)
Beth
 ----------
From: Dick Eney
To: h-needlework
Subject: HNW - knit a silk tunic? ;-)
Date: Friday, April 10, 1998 8:59PM

I'm told that January 30, 1999 will be the 350th anniversary of the
execution of King Charles I of England.  Since the silk shirt/tunic
in which he was supposedly executed is one of the finer surviving
works of early 17th century knitting, and since the patterns are
available (courtesy Mary Thomas and Richard Rutt), does anybody think
it would be appropriate to knit a replica?

If we start right away, we could have a competition - Best Replica of
Charlie's Sweater...

You first.
;-)

=Tamar