HNW - Computer design programs

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Tue Apr 14 18:20:21 PDT 1998

Jackie wrote:

>program that does more than just cross stitches.  I want to be able to do
>COUNTED THREAD EMBROIDERY, blackwork, pulled work, whitework, as well as
>some cross stitch designs.

I use Easy Cross and Patternmaker.  It is the Reticella that may be the
sticking point although some programs support Hardanger filling stitches and
picots.  The top of the line versions of most programs now support free draw
capacity for straight stitches so you can deal with many techniques.

Scanning in historic patterns and trying to make charts of them will not be
as satisfactory as charting them yourself which is what I do.

Good luck in your search.  many of the developers have demo versions at
their web site and CompuServe subscribers can download many demo versions
from the Fibercrafts library.

Linn