HNW - HNW Charles' shirt

Deborah Pulliam pulliam at acadia.net
Sat Apr 25 16:48:15 PDT 1998

<<Were the shoulders grafted using one of the techniques used on
fisherman's sweaters/jumpers/guernseys?>>

The shirt has been mounted, so I couldn't get a good look at the inside,
but I think the shoulders were cast off together, to the inside.

<<I wonder why the photo in Rutt seems to show a line of hand-sewing
stitching around the base of the neck?>>

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but it may be two rows of purl/reverse
stockinette at the base of the collar (you can see it a little more clearly
in the photo in Thomas.)

There's no gusset in  the underarm, as in the main body.

Deborah