HNW - Couching or Laidwork

Marquis de Kipar kipar at geocities.com
Sun Apr 26 16:26:49 PDT 1998

Dear Vickie,

> I've been lurking in the backgound of this list for some time.  Now I have a problem and
> need help.  I'm trying to find information on the origins of couching or laidwork.  Does
> anyone have some sources, website, etc. on this type of eary needlework.  I'm also
> trying my hand at using metallic threads.  Any information I can get is welcome.

Have a look at the Regia Anglorum website. There you'll find a page
on early embroidery, plus some line drawings and designs.
The URL is:
http://www.ftech.net/~regia/

Good luck!
Nicole
P.S. Soon there will be a page on Early Medieaval Embroidery, when we
find actually time to finish it...

Marquis Nicole(as) de Kipar
Leader - L'Age d'Or
The Age of the Sun King 1638-1725