HNW - Of cartridge pleated skirts on Italian Renaissance gowns

Cynthia J Ley cley at juno.com
Sat Apr 25 22:30:28 PDT 1998

Greetings all from a newcomer to your list.  (Thanks, Regina!) :-)

I am making an Italian Ren gown, of the type where the skirt is made of
two panels which attach to the side-laced bodice and is itself not sewn
together at the very top, leaving a side slit. The skirt will of course
be cartridge pleated. I was wondering if some kind soul here could lend
me some advice on the best way to set the skirt into the bodice pieces.

Thank you in advance,

			Arlys o Gordon (SCA, Dragon's Mist, An Tir)