HNW - period embroidery books

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Tue Apr 28 08:23:14 PDT 1998

>One of my favorite books about emboridery is "The Stitches of Creative
>Embroidery" by Jaqueline Enthoven.  It shows how to do the
>I have no idea if it's still in print.  The publisher is Van Nostrand
>Reinhold Company; copyright date 1964; Library of Congress Catalog Number
>64-13643.

This book is no longer in print.  I have 2 copies in stock however if anyone
is interested.

Another  out of print book I highly recommend to embroiderers interested in
period embroidery is Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book 684-13018-1.  It is full
of photos of historic embroidery, good stitch diagrams and technique
illustrations and covers the techniques necessary for re-creation (i.e.
crewel, canvaswork, silk and gold embroidery, blackwork, whitework, raised
embroidery, monigrams, applique, etc.)  A real gem if you can find one.  I
don't happen to have any available at the moment.

Linn Skinner
Skinner Sisters