HNW - period embroidery books

Donna Hrynkiw donna at Kwantlen.BC.CA
Wed Apr 29 09:33:38 PDT 1998

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Linn Skinner wrote:
> I didn't know that they had brought Pamela's book back into print.  It is
> certainly excellent and one of the best all over references on embroidery
> history.  She wrote it after many year of teaching the history module of
> City and Guilds.
> Linn

What the heck, I'm on a roll:

Embroidery - A History by Pamela Warner
Batsford, 1991, ISBN 0-7134-6106-3. I paid $55US for my copy in Jan/1994.

"...covers requirements for students studying for the City and Guilds
Embroidery examination."
Most of the illustrations are rough line-drawings of the garment/item in
question -- photos of these items are generally easily found in other
books. Excellent timeline, collections list, and bibliography.

Donna Hrynkiw
donna at kwantlen.bc.ca
http://www.kwantlen.bc.ca/~donna