HNW - Other Good Books (long)

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Wed Apr 29 23:39:17 PDT 1998

- ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BD73C8.065C2F00

Now that we are on one of my favorite subjects and one of my terrible =
addictions, may I suggest two other books:

Needlework School
By the Embroiderers' Guild Practical Study Group
A Structured, Illustrated Embroidery Course
Very clear and precise instructions, stitch diagrams enhanced by history =
of techniques and lavish illustrations.  It leads you from simple =
understanding of stitches to design and color.  Some of the techniques =
covered include blackwork, canvaswork, pulled work, pattern darning, =
drawn thread, cutwork, smocking, quilting, stumpwork, applique, =
patchwork, Ayshire, Mountmellick, shadow work, needlepoint lace =
fillings, metal thread (laid, raised, beading, etc); tassels and =
fringes, marbeling on fabric and all the requiste skills.
ISBN 0 89009 785 2

AND

A History of Western Embroidery, Mary Eirwen Jones ISBN 289 79655 5
Good text and some illustrations you don't see in other English books, =
including the best color plate I have seen of the Black Prince's surcoat =
(reproduction) in Canterbury; An Oxburg panel, the Felbrigge Psalter, =
etc.

Linn Skinner

- ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BD73C8.065C2F00

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Now that we are on one of my favorite subjects and =
one of my=20
terrible addictions, may I suggest two other books:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Needlework School</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>By the Embroiderers' Guild Practical Study =
Group</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>A Structured, Illustrated Embroidery =
Course</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Very clear and precise instructions, stitch diagrams =
enhanced=20
by history of techniques and lavish illustrations.&nbsp; It leads you =
from=20
simple understanding of stitches to design and color.&nbsp; Some of the=20
techniques covered include blackwork, canvaswork, pulled work, pattern =
darning,=20
drawn thread, cutwork, smocking, quilting, stumpwork, applique, =
patchwork,=20
Ayshire, Mountmellick, shadow work, needlepoint lace fillings, metal =
thread=20
(laid, raised, beading, etc); tassels and fringes, marbeling on fabric =
and all=20
the requiste skills.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>ISBN 0 89009 785 2</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>AND</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>A History of Western Embroidery, Mary Eirwen Jones =
ISBN 289=20
79655 5</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Good text and some illustrations you =
don't see=20
in other English books, including the best color plate I have seen of =
the Black=20
Prince's surcoat (reproduction) in Canterbury; An Oxburg panel, the =
Felbrigge=20
Psalter, etc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Linn =
Skinner</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BD73C8.065C2F00--