HNW - CCS means.....

Carol Thomas scbooks at neca.com
Mon Aug 3 12:37:11 PDT 1998

>My own research shows it wasn't used that much in England or France for
>clothing, but was used more for furnishings or upholstery.

By happenstance, one of the first pictures of a period ccs piece I ever
found was a boy's shirt from the V&S.  15th c., I think, or perhaps earlier,
with strapwork and columbine leaves and flowers, and some geometric motifs,
on non-even weave fabric.  Now that you mention it, I have cannot recall
other English examples on clothing.
Lady Carllein

Catalog: http://www.neca.com/~scbooks/
Updated: June 5th

Making a list, checking it twice...and hoping to get through Pennsic SANE!