HNW - CCS means.....

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Wed Aug 5 07:21:47 PDT 1998

Dear Carllein:

< was photo-copying a picture of a tudor pillow that I thought was
needlepoint.  It had pomegranates, tudor roses, and barley sugar twists in
it, and I liked some of the motifs.  Got it large enough and discovered
counted cross stitch, with quite a few colors.   Since then, it is kind of
game to guess which is which.  >

I made that pillow 10 years ago, using aida cloth as canvas and totally
covering it with DMC floss. It gets quite a few comments when I display it,
and I enjoy showing it off in my home.

Actually, it sorta is "needlepoint", only it tends to be called canvaswork,
or cushionwork. that's the only use I have for Aida since I can't afford
linen canvas very often. <g>

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries..too little time"