HNW - Blackwork One Person's Opinion - Long

Jacquie Samples jacquie-samples at uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 6 06:59:39 PDT 1998

Linn,

Thank you for your succinct summary of what Blackwork is today and has
been in the Historic Period. I have just begun my research into
historical blackwork, and your post is a very good summary of the
information that I have gleaned from the several books I have read.  It
would be nice to have summaries of other techniques/design styles in the
manner which you have written about Blackwork.  Perhaps we (the list) can
work on a summary for each of the styles we work in?  I'll see what I can
do for Reticella and pulled thread embroidery.

Jacquie Samples