HNW - CCS means.....

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Fri Aug 7 13:46:52 PDT 1998

Dear Jacquie-

<My understanding about these early printed needlework designs (the
earliest
is 1524, I believe) did not specify the type of stitches to be used (or
choose the colors).>

I didn't realize that one meant books solely dedicated to cross stitch. I
use these patterns for cross stitch/cushion work because I don't do needle
lace (yet).

I have seen wonderful historical needlework and agree that much of  it
combines several different stitches. The projects I tend to pursue use only
one stitch. I guess I'm not that good a needlewoman, but I enjoy what I do.

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries..too little time"