HNW - colors and dyes

Larsdatter, Karen Karen at stierbach.atlantia.sca.org
Sat Aug 22 12:11:30 PDT 1998

Further kibbitzing on the subject of samplers:

I have a little bit of information on samplers in my paper on
medieval/renaissance cross stitch embroidery, mostly just a
definition of "spot samplers" and "band samplers."

I have some pictures of some early samplers featuring cross stitch
embroidery (not all of them had cross stitch on them, mind you)
linked to the webbed version of the paper as well ... you can see it
at http://www.historically-yours.com/guild/paper/xstitch.htm but the
server seems to be down at the moment.  :(

Karen