HNW - dyes and colors

Aceia@aol.com Aceia at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 06:40:08 PDT 1998

>I was working from the assumpton that *most*  SCA folk I know
>(myself  included) have aristocratic persona. When I see people make garb
>or enter garb in contests, it tends to spiffy upper class stuff. These days
>(I joined 25 years ago) that may  not be the case, it's just been my
>personal experience (so far).

Thats fine!  Most people have more fun playing rich personnas.  I don't have a
problem with that.  My sewing skill level is not high enough to play a rich
personna and I can't afford the linen and silk fabrics to really do it right.
I was just trying to make a historical point for the sake of general
knowledge.  A lot of people in our kingdom used to scoff at ladies who wanted
to wear pink and say that it was not period (the Barony of Bryn Gwlad in
Ansteorra is known for costume snobbyness)... But it is, for lower classes and
poorer nobility.  I am looking for the primary documentation on this, but as I
did not write the original article, I need to locate the local newsletter it
came out in.  When I do, I will post the info.

- -Robin