HNW - English Church Embroidery

Margaret Bolger Margaret_Bolger at compuserve.com
Wed Aug 26 17:27:26 PDT 1998

Watts & Co Ltd of London will be publishing the following book in Spetember
1998..........

The Watts Book of Embroidery : English Church Embroidery 1833-1953
Mary Schoeser
(Watts & Co Ltd., 1998)

Published to support the work of the Elizabeth Hoare Embroidery Museum at
Liverpool Cathedral and as a result of many requests for information about
the history of church embroidery, this is the first comprehensive book of
its kind.   The book contains 168 pages with nearly 200 illustrations.
There are more than 150 ravishing full-colour photographs of the most
exquisite embroidery; showing work by well-known architect-designers and
the finest embroidery workshops, most of the pieces have never before been
illustrated.  There have been numerous discoveries including a splendid
19th century embroidered cope described by contemporaries as the
"...richest product in this country for the last three hundred years...".
Price : £22.99 (@ US$38)

Pre-publication orders can be lodged with Wats at a reduced price of £19.99
(@ US$33) if placed by 28th August 1998.  Cheque/credit cards accepted.

Please e.mail me privately for full ordering details, order form and fax
number.

(After 28th August, the book can be ordered via my web site at the full
cost.)

Margaret
antique costume & textiles
http://www.artizania.co.uk