HNW - dyes and colors

Ross Bentley ross at inil.com
Wed Aug 26 19:55:57 PDT 1998

> In a message dated 8/25/98 7:07:25 PM, you wrote:
>
> >I was working from the assumpton that *most*  SCA folk I know
> >(myself  included) have aristocratic persona. When I see people make
garb
> >or enter garb in contests, it tends to spiffy upper class stuff. These
days
> >(I joined 25 years ago) that may  not be the case, it's just been my
> >personal experience (so far).

I don't wish to sound ignorant but can someone tell me what SCA is. I am
new to this list and wish to learn all that I can. I am assuming that at
least part of those on here take on the persona of historical persons and
am somewhat familular with this as my SO and myself were involved in
revonlutionary war reenactment for one summer but for some reason we kind
of let it drop by the way probably because of what he saw as my
disinterest.
My interest in HNW is at this time mainly in the knitting and crochet
aspects of it as that is what I am able to do and would like to find
documentation of when each was first started and where.