HNW - Medieval Dyes

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Fri Aug 28 06:08:22 PDT 1998

Jacquie Samples pointed out that in medieval days, textile work was some of
the first stuff that came into the towns.  This may be true, but I was
thinking of US pioneers, since I had the impression that the person who
asked about dyes was not in the SCA, although the discussion had veered
somewhat strongly in that direction.  My discussion of people dyeing their
own yarn should have more clearly pointed at the early USA.

I was going to post on knitting and crochet, but Tamar beat me to it.  <g>

                                        ---= Margo Lynn // Morgan

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
           |/   Morgan Cely Cain * Hablutzel at compuserve.com
                     Barony of the Steppes * Ansteorra
                          daytime: margolh at nt.com
                19th Century: Sara Freeman of San Marcos, TX

     "There is no such thing as a good war or a bad peace."
                                          --- Benjamin Franklin