HNW - Medieval Dyes

Ghislaine Fontanneau ghia_f at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:10:37 PDT 1998

Speaking of dyes and stuff....At a garage sale I was lucky enough to
score some drapes in a lovely woven-in pomegranite pattern.
Unfortunately, they are hiddeous (in my opinion) colors.  Can someone
give me advice on 1. finding out the fiber content of the material, 2.
washing it/preping it to be dyed, etc.  Also, I hear from friends that
there's a company that supplies wonderful dyestuffs...I believe it's
called Dharma.  Does anyone have their contact information?

Much obliged,
Ghia

Ghislaine Marie Fontanneau
ghia_f at hotmil.com

"When I get a little money, I buy books;
And, if any is left, I buy food and clothes."
		--Erasmus