HNW - blackwork edging

Linn Skinner skinner02 at
Sat Aug 29 13:11:18 PDT 1998

Hi Cindy:

Sorry, I thought these were pretty common in any stitch book.

Blanket stitch is really a spaced buttonhole stitch.  There are a couple of
types of buttonhole stitch for use and the needlelace stitch is properly
called a ring picot.  May I suggest the Edging Stitches section of Mary
Thomas's Dictionary of Embroidery Stitches which is in print in the edition
revised by Jan Eaton   ISBN 0 340 51075 7



To be removed from the Historic Needlework mailing list, please send a
message to Majordomo at Ansteorra.ORG with the message body of "unsubscribe

More information about the H-needlework mailing list