HNW - blackwork edging

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Sat Aug 29 13:11:18 PDT 1998

Hi Cindy:

Sorry, I thought these were pretty common in any stitch book.

Blanket stitch is really a spaced buttonhole stitch.  There are a couple of
types of buttonhole stitch for use and the needlelace stitch is properly
called a ring picot.  May I suggest the Edging Stitches section of Mary
Thomas's Dictionary of Embroidery Stitches which is in print in the edition
revised by Jan Eaton   ISBN 0 340 51075 7

Linn