HNW - flame testing

Ghislaine Fontanneau ghia_f at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 29 21:08:10 PDT 1998

>>I cut a swatch and took it to the sink and lit that sucker up!
*snip*

>Sounds like metalweighted silk to me... what did it smell like as it
was
>burning?

>Willow Polson

Well, it smelled like....stuff burning...  There really wasn't anything
remarkable about its smell.  I've only smelt burning hair once, and in
general I don't go around burning things to see how they smell :-).  So
all I can tell you is it smelt like smoke.

BTW--what does "metalweighted" mean?