HNW - Getting the pattern right

Lyn Greaves rosamund at frontiernet.net
Sun Aug 30 21:50:37 PDT 1998

I have had luck using a permanent marker on stitching that completely covers
the markings.  For marks that I know HAVE to come out, I use the Mark-B-Gone
markers that are available from Dritz.  They come in blue and white which
come out with water, and purple which comes out from just drying.  I find
the purple can disappear in as little as 3 hours (that was in summer in a
high humidity time).  As for transferring the pattern, I use a stencil of
the design and trace the outline.

For those of you in East, I used both of these methods on a sideless surcoat
that I made for Timothy and Gabrielle's second coronation this past April.
If anyone is interested, once I get pictures (or they become available on
the coronation web site), I'll let you know- just e-mail me privately.

Lyn Greaves
Lady Rosamund d'Alwareton
     OM, OTerp, OSalamander
Thorny Rose