HNW - Getting the pattern right
dickeney at access.digex.net
Mon Aug 31 09:14:54 PDT 1998
On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Cindy Koepp wrote:
> > Often we embroiderers work from charts and count every thread in a design.
> Did I mention I'm doing these on dark broadcloth?
I think I've seen the "removable markers" in white, for use on dark cloth.
Or you could get some oldfashioned dressmaker's chalk and draw the design
directly on the cloth with it.
"prick and pounce" is :
1. get the design onto paper. (Kinko's)
2. prick little holes along the lines of the design
3. put paper onto cloth, push little bits of flour/chalk through the
tiny pin holes to make little dots on the cloth.
4. remove paper and store carefully, while you embroider carefully along
5. when design wears off before you've embroidered there, dig out the
paper again and re'pounce' it.
To be removed from the Historic Needlework mailing list, please send a
message to Majordomo at Ansteorra.ORG with the message body of "unsubscribe
More information about the H-needlework