FW: HNW - Getting the pattern right

Valerie Frazier FrazierV at sumical.com
Mon Aug 31 10:39:37 PDT 1998

>What creative ways do the rest of you use to embroider patterns onto
>a chunk of material?

I have an artist friend who drew a pattern on linen for a Opus Anglecanum
coller.  She used callegraphy ink and drew the pattern freehand.  On many of
the existing Opus Anglecanum pices you can see the original drawings in
places where the needle work has worn off.

Instead of religious motifs, we researched and used the medeval Vertues.  It
has taken me two and a half years, but I am now almost finished and hope to
be able to wear it this year.

Please excuse the spelling as I am spelling challanged.

Valerie