HNW - Getting the pattern right

Aceia@aol.com Aceia at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 11:07:51 PDT 1998

>I saw a lady working with a paper/substance/stuff that she said
>would dissolve with contact to water.  I've never been able to find it, nor
do
>know what it is called, but it is an embroiderers dream.

That would be a form of stabilizer.  You can also now get stabilizer that
dissolves with heat (from an iron).  These are usually used for machine
embroidery, but there is no reason why it could not be used for hand work
also.  Stabilizer also helps with keeping your stitch tension correct.  You
can usually find it a stores that carry quilting supplies.

- -Robin