HNW - Getting the pattern right

Cynthia J Ley cley at juno.com
Mon Aug 31 13:09:06 PDT 1998

If your ground fabric is cotton, try using a silver quilters pencil. You
can get a very high level of detail provided you keep the pencil sharp,
and the embroidery will cover your faint lines completely. Best of all,
it won't smear or smudge.

I haven't tried it on other types of ground fabrics though, so
experimenting would probably be a good idea.

Might anyone have any ideas for drafting patterns onto linen? I've tried,
with no success. I'm looking at doing some embroidery with flat silk.

					Arlys