HNW - Seed Bead work

Larsdatter, Karen Karen at stierbach.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Sep 1 11:08:58 PDT 1998

Libbet asked:

> Does anyone know of and examples or research for seed bead work, not
> necessarily bead weaving, done in the SCA time period (600AD -
> 1600AD).  I can't think of any done in EUrope, but my interests are
> more embroidery than beadwork.

Check out "Lady Grizel's Medieval Beadwork"
(http://www.dnaco.net/~scababe/medievalbead/) ... she has pictures of
quite a few period examples of beaded embroidery and bead jewelry and
that sort of thing.

She also has information on her SCA-Bead mailing list.

You can find other beady links at
http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/topics/bead.htm

Karen