HNW - I got Abegg!!

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Wed Sep 2 09:25:56 PDT 1998

Dear Donna Hrynkiw or Paula Fowler:

I can't remember which of you told us about MFX  Bookfinders, but I just
got my own copy of Margaret Abegg's "A Propos Patterns"!!! I paid $100.00
and it arrived in its original slipcover and looks mint, as if  no one ever
opened it. <BG>

the URL is:  http://www.mxbf.com/

I owe it to whichever of you told me about the website, and wanted to thank
you.

The person I bought it from,  Mryna Bloom, of the East-West Room, has a
store in Dresher, PA (near WIllow Grove). She specializes in books on
carpets, especially Oriental carpets, but she carries an impressive list of
books on textiles and needlework, including some rare and out of the way
older books, like Abegg's book "Alte Spitzen".

Myrna also carries a vritually complete line of CIBA review -- if you are
into textiles this is a journal  you have to see! If someone is looking for
a particular book I'd be happy to look it up on her booklist if you
privately email me.

Myrna has a website, but the URL was run into other links from MFX
bookfinders so the address is very long. She can be reached via email at:
eastwest at netreach.net

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"