HNW - Pictures of Knitting

SNSpies@aol.com SNSpies at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 12:20:26 PDT 1998

Hello.

<< Why bother with pictures when the physical evidence is substantial?   >>

The original question which dealt with the existence of contemporary pictorial
depictions of knitted items came from someone who had been royally dinged at
an arts and sciences competition because her documentation did not contain
pictures of "period" knitted objects.  I said that I would look into the
matter, and I posted Santina Levey's letter for her and anyone interested in
the subject.  I agree;  there is plenty of physical evidence.  But the
original question concerned pictorial evidence.

Nancy (Ingvild)