HNW - Sources for Jap Gold

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Tue Sep 8 11:53:05 PDT 1998

Celeste:

>I was wondering if anyone had any good mail order sources for what I've
>been heard termed as "Jap Gold" basically it's a thick gold thread meant
>for couching.

I import Benton & Johnson metalwork threads including Jap (which is not
meant to be a racial slur in the goldwork community, but a technical term).
I carry the synthetic sort and can order from them by special order gold.
You will often find American sources calling this sort of thin flattened
metal/metallic on a silk core "Japan Threads" so you might look for this as
well.

Linn Skinner
Skinner Sisters